When we interact with you online, by telephone, by paper or in person we sometimes receive or collect personal information about you. This policy sets out how we will protect and use that information. Your data is not only protected by this policy and its implementation but by Data Protection law (including GDPR – General Data Protection Regulations effective from 25 May 2018). The regulations say we must have one of the following proper reasons for using your data:
- To fulfil a contract we have with you
- When it is a legal duty
- When it is in our legitimate interest
- When you consent to it
What might we collect?
- Your name and title (if you choose to submit them to us)
- Your contact details including phone number and email address (if you choose to submit them to us)
- Other information about you that is necessary to fulfil a particular service you or your school has purchased (if you choose to submit them to us)
- Website usage information (through cookies) to better understand how our services are being used and to improve your experience of using our website. We have Google Analytics installed on our website, which will collect information such as your approximate location (e.g. city), your browser and your operating system. Our Google Analytics is set up to anonymise IP addresses so this information will not be collected).
How is it collected?
- Data you give us through forms, emails and over the telephone
What do we use the information for?
- To provide the services purchased from us by you or your school
- To contact you about changes to our services or to offer you the opportunity to make use of our services – we will only do this after receiving your explicit consent and you can withdraw your consent at any time by using the ‘unsubscribe’ link on our emails
- To improve our products and services
- To enhance your experience when using our website
- To complete internal processes such as order fulfilment and financial management
Who will we share your data with?
- We will not sell, trade, rent or give your information to other third parties
- We store all our data on secure UK servers and will at no stage transfer your data to servers held overseas
How do we protect your personal information?
For Schools is committed to a high level of data security. For Schools Support uses all reasonable endeavours to protect personal information from loss, misuse or alteration. For Schools have put in place physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information you provide to us online. In this regard For Schools Support Limited is ISO 27001 (UK Standard for Information Security Management) and Cyber Essentials Plus certified.
How long will we keep the information for?
- For the time it takes to provide the service purchased by you or your school, or
- For as long as is necessary for us to remain in contact with you, or
- Until you ask us to remove any information about you from our records
Who owns my data?
We will not use your information in any other way or for any period longer than that set out above.
For Schools Support Limited will treat any personal information that you provide in accordance with the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulations at all times.
We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), reference Z3232729.